Claims can be denied for various reasons. Most often, we deny claims because travellers are simply not covered for certain items in their policies.
Other reasons for claim rejections can include:
- Engaging in behaviour that voids cover (e.g. being intoxicated, leaving bags unattended)
- Ignoring local laws or legal regulations
- Ignoring terms or conditions outlined in the Product Disclosure Statement
- Travelling against government advice
- Failing to disclose pre-existing medical conditions
- Lack of proof or evidence like receipts, reports
If you experience an unfortunate incident overseas, the best thing to do is phone Tick Travel Insurance straight away on +61 2 9333 3963. We can explain to you what you need to do to ensure a successful claim.